Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Cost of BURGER in NEW YORK

. .  
The SHAKE SHACK BURGER
 
 
SHACK BURGER COST $5.19
 
$7.99 for a DOUBLE
 
 
BURGER COST By CITY
The Average PRICE of a BURGER in AMERICA is $4.49
 
The Most Expensive average Price of a BURGER is in NYC at $9.52
To most New Yorkers paying about $18 for a Cheeseburger and $7 for a Beer, paying tax and leaving an appropriate Tip (at least $6.50) to spend an average of $33.00 for your Cheeseburger and just one Beer, many New Yorkers wouldn't even give this high cost for only one Beer and a Burger a second thought. Well as for myself and a multitude of others this is insane. People are in the habit of excepting things, not saying anything or making any kind of a protest such as a boycott or anything of the sort. I myself do not accept these insane prices, so all I can really do is to do as I've done, which is though numerous times I felt like going over to JG Melon or The Minetta Tavern in Greenwich Village and having myself a Burger and Beer, I stopped and thought about it, the high price I've payed in the past. For example, I went to JG Melon on Macdougal Street, sat down and ordered a Bourbon Old Fashion and a Cheeseburger. I sipped my drink and ate my Burger and I enjoyed. But was the price of $34 worth it all. Well, yes and no. If you have a ton of money and are not one of of the multitude of several Million people in New York who pay high Rent and don't really make an appropriate amount of money to pay rent, the Con Ed bill, phone bill, and all your other expenses, than a $34 tab which includes the gratuity is a bit high for a Cheeseburger and one measly drink. Yes I enjoy it, but the thing is, I can't afford to enjoy it as much as I would if the Price was more REASONABLE like at The CORNER BISTRO in GREENWICH VILLAGE where a BURGER with Cheese is just $7.75, a Beer a mere $4, and you leave a $5 Tip and you can walk out the door for just $17 ... Now that's more like it and I feel this should be about the norm as opposed to an average $33 for a Burger and a Beer or Drink and most other places. That average price of $17 at The Corner Bistro is just fine with me, and I can easily do that 4 times a month, as opposed to the high average price ($33) to go to JG Melon, PJ Clarke's or Minetta Tavern where the same Cheeseburger with Fries and a Beer will cost you  $19 for a MINETTA BURGER, $9 for a Beer, plus tax and tip will set you back about $38 for just a Beer and a Cheeseburger, and Jack It Up another $7 if you want a Cocktail instead of a beer, for a whopping $45 tab .. Not Good!
   So it comes down to this, no I'm not cheap, just frugal and of the 99% who have to watch are dough, so to speak. Yes I'd like to be able to go to Minetta or JG Melon ad have 2 Old Fashion Cocktails instead of 1 which I refrain myself to out of cost. But I'm not rich, and neither are my Millions of other fellow New Yorkers who happen to be your average New York and the greatest fabric of our great city. Well, that's all I have to say for now, but I'll be back, and that's that. Later !
 
 
 
 
The FLAGSHIP ORIGNAL PJ CLARKE'S
 
3rd AVENUE at 55th STREET
 
NEW YORK NY
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHEESBURGER at PJ CLARKE'S 
 
A Whopping $17.95
 
UP $7.50 in just a few short years.
 
 
 
 
JG MELONCHEESEBURGER $11.00
 
 
 
 
CORNER BISTRO
 
For 30 YEARS Before The Big BURGER BOOM
 
The CORNER BISTRO'S BURGER was Considered 
 
NEW YORK'S BEST BURGER
 
Their CHEESEBURGER is ONLY $7.75
 
The Famed BISTRO BURGER $8.75
 
 
 
 
 
SCNIPPERS
 
CHEESEBURGER $6.99
 
 
 
 
MINETTA TAVERN
 
 
GREENWICH VILLAGE , NEW YORK
 
 
 
 
The MINETTA BURGER
 
$19.00
 
 
Much BETTER Than The More FAMOUS
 
More EXPENSIVE BLACK LABEL BURGER $28
 
 
 
 
 
 
LEARN HOW to MAKE
 
GREAT BURGERS at HOME
 
For LESS
 
Including The SHAKE SHACK
 
SHACK BURGER Secret Recipe
 
and More ....
 
 
 
 
 
.
Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 2.54.21 PM.png
 
 
LUGER BURGER $13.95 with CHEESE $14.45
FRIES $1.95 Extra
.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: